Friday, August 10, 2007

Other Side of the World

I've been feeling a little bit homesick this past week and as a result have rarely gone into town. I think aside from the homesickness, it's also the realization that I need to keep an eye on my money. An option I have chosen in replacement of going out into town and spending money on booze and cover charges, is to just hang out in my room. Gaby came over the other night and we watched the Incredibles.


If Gaby looks like she's out of it, it's because she is. We both were at that point, ha.


I just came back from the London river cruise that my program organized. Here's a picture of the girls before boarding the cruise.


Since this isn't my first trip into London, let alone on the Thames River, I didn't take pictures during the cruise of the view. It was very relaxing though and surprisingly warm! The sun came out to greet me on my last trip into London! Our last stop on the river cruise was Greenwich, which is home to the Prime Meridian. We climbed up a hill to reach the Royal Observatory where I got to stand on the Prime Meridian. Those are Gaby's feet in the shot, haha.

The view from the top of the Royal Observatory.


I just had to take a picture of this sign because of the Glasgow band that shares the same name. I'm such a nerd sometimes. Okay, all of the time.


I was walking past this sign at the Royal Observatory and I had to snap a picture of it. This picture is for you Dad! :)

After we checked out the Royal Observatory, we headed back to Westminster via the cruise and grabbed some ice cream and then headed home. The weather was unbelievably glorious and I hope the same weather will greet us at Cambridge tomorrow. Until next post, cheers!
P.S. Big thanks to Michael no-middle-name Tu for the care package!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

One more week until you come home. Have fun there during your last week. I'm thinking of looking for bikes this weekend so we can ride bikes when you get back.

Unknown said...

Samm, Hope you're enjoying your last week over there!