Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Now That It's Long Over

Okay, so it hasn't been that long since I've been in England, but I've been having some serious withdrawals these past couple of days. It seems weird to be back yet at the same time it feels nice. I've been looking at pictures that friends took and I cannot help but smile and laugh when I see these pictures because it reminds me of what happened exactly that night even though the picture may not capture it. So I decided to dedicate a post to pictures that my friends took. I just wanted to share a couple and provide more background story to it. Enjoy!


I was not aware that Jen took this picture of me while we were at Stonehenge. I don't know if I was taking picture of the stones or of sheep. There was a moment when Jen and I were tired of staring at the stones and tried capturing the sheeps on our camera instead! The sheep caused me to purchase a black stuffed animal sheep at the giftshop prior to departure..


I love this picture that Jen took of me trying the ever so popular "jump shot" under the Eiffel Tower. We had to use Jen's camera because it was faster and honestly better.


This picture cracks me up. I have no idea why we all look so proper. It kinda reminds me of a family portrait except that the viewer has no clue that this bench is located near the famous Abbey Road.


Another one of Jen's captures. Here, I was announcing and pointing out to my group about my recent gigantic bug bite. The ever elusive Jen snapped this while I was complaining.


I believe I stole this from Jesse. He's the fellow who's face is located on the far left of the picture. I think he was trying to take a group shot of us dancing in a club in Liverpool, but it kind of ended up being just a candid of me. You can see the white stain on my shirt from the toothpaste earlier that night. Since I didn't pack an extra shirt, I just had to suck it up and head out with a stain on my shirt.


I love this picture because it reminds me of all the nights we went into town to check out the different pubs and clubs that Brighton had to offer and believe me there were many! This picture in particular perfectly captures how we felt every time we returned home. Stella and I were forcing smiles here because we were tired and Tyler and being extremely annoying that night. I'm not going to go into detail about Tyler's childish ways, but just take my word for it.


This was taken at the pub called the Office (yes like the British television sitcom). The reason for our pouts is because we all were victims of Asian glow that night (damn you wine!).


This photo always trips me out. This is from Gaby's camera and she wanted to take a picture of the three of us while we were in this box in the Eurotunnel. I have no idea why the picture came out this way, but it does give the impression that we are indeed moving even though I personally could not feel it. Oh Amsterdam, good times.

This picture is so cheesy and I love it! The most awful part of it all is that we planned this and Jesse or Ram timed their camera! Haha!

This is from my one of my last nights in Brighton. This was taken after everyone's last day of class and I think everyone went out that night. Stella and I look like a couple haha, but her other half must have taken this picture. I think we were sitting because I was too tired and lazy to stand up. Andrew is the fool with the peace sign.

I miss these girls already! I hung out with these girls a lot. I managed to take a picture of all of us on my bed. We were all in my room before heading off into the night. One of my best nights and sadly my last in Brighton. Clubbing was fun and interesting. It was great to say goodbye to all the people I met and just see people go crazy. It has truly been an unforgettable summer and I miss everyone!

2 comments:

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron said...

haha, wow i didnt know this post exsisted. funny how u find other things to do than study in between classes..but yea! good post idea. I think other people's pictures are always better than the ones you take.(not you as in samantha, you in general terms). Like candid shots are my favorite ones. there hard to do when your holding the camera. also like you get a different perspective which is always good. but yea. good stuff